Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Summer Letter to my Kindergarten Students








Dear Kindergarten students,


I hope you're having a great summer filled with lots of fun! I went with my family to visit our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. We saw lots of things that we studied in Kindergarten that I wanted to share with you. Here are a few things that we saw:




White House:



Washington Monument:




Here's a view from the top of the Washington Monument. We rode to the top in an elevator, and then we looked at the city from 500 feet above the ground.


The Lincoln Memorial:

Remember on the back of a penny where we looked at the statue inside the building? Well, here we are in front of that statue at the Lincoln Memorial.



At the Lincoln Memorial, there is a marker where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.

Inside this exhibit, we saw the flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to write the Star Spangled Banner.



We also saw Abraham Lincoln's real hat that he wore.


Write me a letter to let me know what you've been doing this summer! I look forward to hearing from each and every one of you!

No comments: