Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Kinda Cooking"

Here are 2 "recipes" for you! The first one I saw on Pinterest...cook your cinnamon rolls in a waffle iron...that's it...that's the recipe! Take your canned cinnamon rolls and put them in the waffle maker. Cook like a waffle, and then add the glaze when it comes out. As you can see, we have a Mickey Mouse waffle iron...shocking...but true! So, our cinnamon roll waffle was a little doughy in the middle, but still good. I'm not sure that I would cook the cinnamon rolls like this every time, but it was fun to try it!
 The next recipe I thought up myself. I wanted some yummy fall-ish, down-home-ish, Thanksgiving-ish, good food. But, it's way too hot to be eating heavy food in the middle of summer! So, I peeled some sweet potatoes and cut them into thin medallions. Then I sprinkled them with a little cinnamon and sugar, and topped them with marshmallows. I cooked them on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, and then yum...Summer Sweet Potatoes! The kids loved them too, and they usually don't like Sweet Potato Souffle...which they clearly get from their Daddy and not their Southern Mama!
Well, now you know why I used "recipes" loosely in quotation marks! More like..."Kinda Cooking" in the kitchen. Let me know what new "recipes" you've been cooking!

No comments: