Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Chicken Recipes

Pizza-Stuffed Chicken
Source: Cooking with Paula Deen magazine; Jan/Feb 2011 p. 42
I revised the recipe a little from the original.

4 boneless chicken breasts
pepperoni
provolone cheese
fresh basil
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken with horizontal slits. Stuff each with 4 slices pepperoni, some provolone cheese, and fresh basil leaf. Sprinkle each side of chicken with salt & pepper.
Use foil on cookie sheet, and spray with Pam. Cover with foil. Bake chicken for ~15 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 5 minutes until brown.


Chicken in Foil
Source: Nothing But the Best! A Collection of Favorite Recipes from The University of Alabama Family


This recipe is for a serving of one...so just make one per member of your family:

chicken breast
medium potato, sliced
carrot, sliced
mushrooms
onion, diced
salt & pepper
butter
chicken broth (original recipe called for white wine)

Shape a large piece of foil to hold all ingredients. Seal ingredients inside and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.

Let me know if you try one-yum!

1 comment:

L Rukes said...

Thank you SOOOO much for posting these! I am so desperate for new stuff - I think my family will go nuts if I make another Chicken Casserole. I'll let you know how it goes!