Game #2...We were out of town
Game #3...Finally, today we made it to the first games of the season! Our daughter is playing t-ball, and our son is playing baseball. One child played at 9am and the other at 11am.
So...here are some thoughts from this morning:
1. WHY did we sign up both kids for ball when clearly neither one has a drive for the game?
2. 9am is EARLY on a Saturday morning!
3. 9am-12pm is a long time to keep EVERYONE happy at the ball field!
OK...whew...now I shall re-direct myself:
1. Aren't we lucky to have 2 healthy kids whom we can spend time with outside on a beautiful spring day?
2. Isn't it great to see friends at the ball field that we don't get to see on a regular basis?
3. Shouldn't we look through children's eyes to see all the enjoyment that is found in the little things at the ball field: a red wagon, popcorn from the concession stand, tall fences, handles on bat bags, and the list goes on...
Here are some pics from the day:
Below we're supporting our daughter's team in orange and black! Hubby had this orange polo in the "Good-Will stack" about a week ago because "he doesn't wear orange." Good thing we pulled it out of that stack so he could support his girl!
Below we're supporting our son's team in red--we had an hour between games to "suit up" for the proper team color you know!
Hubby and daughter on the field:
Our son at bat: