Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I don't think Santa is going to stop at our house."

"I don't think Santa is going to stop at our house."--That's exactly what my 4 year old said to me on the way to preschool this morning. We were driving along...having a nice conversation about where Santa lives...where he sits in his sleigh...how the reindeer pull his sleigh...and then she hits me with..."I don't think Santa is going to stop at our house." When I asked her why...she said "because sometimes we're bad." OK...put on the brakes...now I'm thinking my husband and I need to rethink this Christmas-threatening that we've been doing lately--"better be good...Santa's watching." So...we haven't said "you're being bad" to either of our kids, but I guess "you better be good" translates to "you're being bad" in a 4-year-old's mind. To finish the story about this morning...I assured her that Santa would be stopping at our house--now we need to get to writing a letter to Santa so he knows what to bring!

No comments: