Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I usually don't make formal New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm making two:

1. Lose some weight...At my school, we're starting our own version of The Biggest Loser. We all put in $5 and you pay $2 if you gain any week. So...I signed up! We weigh-in tomorrow for the first time...so everyone has been eating like crazy today. One girl's husband had the idea to put quarters in our pockets for the 1st weigh-in to make us heavier--I'm not naming any names! That sounds like a guy's idea...what woman wants to weigh even more? I don't think I need any help. We're doing it for 12 weeks, and the Biggest Loser wins the cash. We're on teams so the team who loses the most wins too. Here's my strategy--win by doing 2 things: 1. don't eat--who needs it? j/k and 2. I've got my eye on 2 new work-out DVDs. I'll keep you posted. If they're great, I'll post the names of them.

2. Read the Bible cover-to-cover. My friend gave me a calendar for the year where you read a few chapters of the Old Testament and a few chapters of the New Testament each day...it seems do-able.

So...there it is in writing...2 resolutions...hope you'll hold me to them! One way I'm more accountable is that my husband has the same 2 resolutions--we're in this together!

Do you have a New Year's Resolution this year?

No comments: