Week 2 of The Biggest Loser at work: lost 12 oz. for week 2...I'm so thankful for the scale that includes ounces!!! My high school friends would always say they were going to "buckle down" talking about academics...so I'm "buckling down" for Week 3 for our Friday weigh-in.
New floors: Hubby worked hard on the floors today. He made good progress in the family room. Kitchen, breakfast area, and hallway are done. He's seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel." I did however throw up a road block to his light today when I mentioned that I may also want him to put hardwood floors in the hallway by the kids' rooms.
Have you joined Facebook yet? If you haven't, you should. There's a request going around on there where you list 25 randomish things about yourself. I've learned a lot about people through this "note." Here are my 25 things:
1. I always knew I would be a teacher. My sister and I played school all the time. We'd even schedule recess for our "classes" at the same time so we could go outside together. I tried to stray from my life plan in college---thought I'd be a business major, but then I got my 1st 2 Cs in one quarter in Economics and Calculus--I said ok God...gotcha--I'm going to be a teacher!
2. I have the BEST husband in the whole world! We'll be married 10 years this summer. We met in college my freshman year. I'd always see him on the college buses, and my heart would race!
3. I have the greatest kids too. My son is so busy...always figuring out how things work...we always say he'll be our engineer. My daughter tells it like it is...she's 4--going on 34--don't know where she gets that from! :) Tonight I asked her to pick up her toy to take to her room. She responded saying, "My arms are not available." Oh me!
4. I started a blog this year...couldn't decide if I wanted to blog about being a wife, mother, or teacher--so I hit on all three in my blog. It's fun! http://www.3sweetteasandme.blogspot.com/ 5. I have a dachshund named Brumby June--Brumby after my dorm and June after her birth month which was also the month hubby and I got married-June 1999. We just call her June.
6. In Jr. High, I'd make my sister so mad! She'd be studying, and I'd be in my room with AC/DC rocking the walls! We've always been close, and still are now!
7. My parents are the BEST. About 2 years ago, they moved into our subdivision and they help us so much with our kids! My kids call them "Dodo" and "EJ" just because that's what my son started calling them when he was little. They call my sister "E" for the same reason.
8. We lived in Madison when we first were married, and loved it there. My husband would move back tomorrow if he could.
9. I love being a teacher-a Kindergarten teacher to be exact! It's so exciting watching kids learn to read!
10. My daughter looks just like her Daddy and my mother-in-law. She looks like her Daddy and acts like her MaMa. By the way--I have super in-laws too! The kids call them Nana and Papa.
11. I have been diabetic since the 3rd grade. My dad came to pick me up from school one day saying we were going to the hospital. I asked..."who's sick?" He told me that I was! It was on Friday the 13th and I was in room 313 in the hospital. I remember asking..."will I still be able to have a baby?" Now I have 2 great babies--ages 5 and 4!
12. My husband is currently putting in new, raw hardwood floors in our house. We're living in a construction zone! Not sure how the sanding/staining portion of this project will go.
13. My friend, Shelly, and I almost got in a fight with a girl at Six Flags. You'll have to ask her about that! We lived at Six Flags in junior high.
14. I used to be very organized...nothing out of place, BD cards/wishes always on time, etc...but seems like when you have a family...organization starts to go out the window.
15. I like to figure things out on the computer-editing, new programs, etc.
16. My husband and I are trying to plan a 10 year anniversary trip...but can't get it planned.
17. I made 2 new year's resolutions this year--I usually don't make any--but made 2 this year: lose some weight (I've lost just over 6 pounds in 2 weeks) and read the Bible cover-to-cover. It's approaching the end of the month, and I've stuck to them so far!
18. Our favorite family restaurant is Truett's. Our kids' names are on the sign out front right now advertising that kids can make their own milkshakes like our kids--thanks B!
19. I had the same teacher for first grade and second grade-Mrs. Watson. I think she helped establish my love of learning.
20. My friend, Amie, and I were almost bit by a rattlesnake. :) (not a real one)
21. I've had 2 tickets in my life: one for a wreck and one for speeding--both have been in the past 5 years.
22. My favorite color is pink--always has been.
23. When I had my son, I went in to be induced. Started about 6am on one day. He was finally born by c-section at 12:04am on the next day. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. My daughter was born by scheduled c-section by 8:30am. She weighed 10 lbs. 6 oz.
24. I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe--that's a random something--can you tell this task is getting harder???
25. I think Facebook was made for people like me! I love re-connecting with people from every phase of my life. It's interesting to think how each person you meet shapes you as a person.