Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

A fun, unique BD party

Last night we went to a fun, unique birthday party for a 5 year old friend. He had his party at Atlanta Motor Speedway for Thursday Night Thunder. I've lived in Georgia my whole life, but I've never experienced Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The party started with tailgating in the parking lot with pizza, cupcakes, ice cream, and juice. I'm thinking that lot doesn't see much juice or cupcakes when there's a NASCAR race there! The kids had fun eating, running, playing, and watching the BD boy open his presents.
Then we went to watch the races and to have the full experience of being with the people of the speedway. Interesting. The tickets were general admission, and we sat right at the start/finish line. The kids liked standing down near the fence to watch.

I won't attempt to explain the types of cars that were racing, but I was amazed that some of the racers were 8 years old...and many traveled from out of state to race. Here's one that had to be towed off because of a wreck. Our son loved this wrecker with a "hook."

There was a threat of rain with lightening in the near distance, but it blew over leaving this pretty cloud peaking through.
Here's our girl drinking her $2 can of Sprite!

Here's the kids with "Monkey Wrench." They loved that guy!

The kids got to go on the track to a grassy area for a race for Candy & Coins at intermission. Here's a pic of them on the track with their loot.

When we left, everyone was so thirsty...so we planned to stop and get drinks. On the way there, our daughter said she threw up! Not sure what happened...she was eating a Now-and-Later, she was hot and full of pizza, cupcake, and ice cream...who knows??? Yuck-so we had to go to Wal-mart for drinks, snacks, and a new dress! I changed her in the bathroom and her Daddy and I said "Whoooooooooo-Whoooooooooooo!" She told us..."I know you like it, but you just have to calm down!" Oh me...that girl!!!

No comments: