Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Weigh-In and Friday Night Funny

I signed up for the Biggest Loser at school on Tuesday, and today was the first weigh-in. So...it's been 3 days, and I lost 2.2 pounds! Last year we competed on teams, but this year...we're on our own. The top 3 winners split the prize money. Seems like that could be a motivator--I guess only time will tell. The final weigh-in is April Fool's Day--interesting!

The funniest thing happened tonight when I was playing "Opposite Memory," a memory card game, with the kids. Our girl is REALLY good at memory; my son and me...not so good at it. So...after the first round...our boy left the table crying because his 5 year-old sister dominated us.

(Side note: We had an extra card of a Walrus that belongs to another game mixed in with our Opposite Memory cards. I kept saying...what's the opposite of Walrus??? The crazy part is that I kept turning that same 'ol Walrus card over almost every time without even knowing it--knowing that it wasn't even a card for our game!!!)

For round 2, we left the Walrus out of the game. This time it was just me and the girl playing. Our boy moseyed up about half-way through the game and slipped the Walrus card back into our game. Then he moved the Walrus card in the middle of the other cards trying to get us to unknowingly turn it over.

So...then our boy asks to have a turn. He said..."I'll just let it count for Mama's turn." So guess which card he unknowingly turned over first!?!!?!?!?!??! THE WALRUS!!!! Can you believe the irony????? I actually thought he turned it over on purpose to give us a laugh, but no...he unknowingly turned it over! He cried and cried... and was soooooooooooooooooo mad that me and the girl were dying laughing! At first I was laughing because I though he was trying to make us laugh, but then I couldn't stop laughing when I realized he really didn't mean to turn it over!

I have to smile because it reminds me of myself as a child...I ALWAYS cried and ran off when my Dad slipped me the Old Maid card. I might still have tears today if I got slipped the Old Maid...or the Walrus!

1 comment:

Candace said...

I was the biggest sore loser when I played uno when I was little. I hated having a handful of cards, feeling like I would never get rid of them all.